Friday, February 16, 2007

YouTube: Temple Mount Dig - The Truth



From The Jerusalem Post
In Gaza, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, and elsewhere, Muslims are up in arms about what even a moderate like Jordan's King Abdullah called "a threat to the foundations of the Al Aksa mosque."

"What is happening is an aggression, we call on the Palestinian people to unite and protect Jerusalem," said Muhammad Hussein, the top Muslim cleric in Jerusalem. Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, called for the Islamic world to "retaliate" and make Israel "regret" what it had done.

What is Israel doing that has sparked such violent threats? Some years ago, the pedestrian ramp leading up to Jerusalem's Temple Mount fell apart. Now municipal authorities plan to build a permanent ramp to maintain access to this holy site, and are conducting, as required by law, an archeological salvage dig to make sure no artifacts are destroyed in the process.

All of this is completely outside the Temple Mount platform, and bears no relation or threat to that structure, let alone to the Aksa mosque. Why would Israel dream of undermining the Temple Mount, which is Judaism's holiest site? The claim that Israel is doing so is patently absurd, as anyone familiar with the area can immediately see.
And now you have.

Technorati Tag: and and .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Sorry it's unrelated to this post but i read your blog often and thought I might ask you.

Why does the entire Jblogsphere appear to be right leaning? Is it by design? (Because it can't be reflective of the opinion of Jewish folks as evidenced by Jon Stewart et. al. If there is such a thing as a homogeneous "opinion" that is)

So what I really want to know is if the Jblogsphere is right leaning and if so what is its left leaning counterpart?

Thanx!

Daled Amos said...

Sorry for not responding earlier--I have been away since Friday and did not get back till today.

I think the fact that blogs with similar views tend to link to each other, both in terms of their posts and their blog rolls, can give the impression of uniformity and majority.

I know that I am guilty of that. The only left wing blog that I link to in my blog roll is Daniels Counter

I imagine that if you start there, you will find other left-leaning blogs on Israel.

I really am not familiar with the other blogs, as much because of lack of time as anything else.

Another place to look would be Dov Bear and his blogroll.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Just curious actually. I'm from India and there is a great deal of interest in Israel now, primarily as a view of a shared threat I think. I share your POVs on a lot of issues that you blog about and was curious to see the whole spectrum of opinion on them.(I've always heard of Israel being as argumentative a democracy as India. :) )

Again, thanks for taking the time out. And my compliments to your daughter on her pretty drawing.

-- Prashant