Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Does Your Spouse Know You Blog?

I came across this post on Cosmic X in Jerusalem:

Is Blogging a Waste of Time?

A comment by Zman Bir on his blog has got me thinking. He hasn't been blogging too much as of late and I was wondering if everything was alright. He ansered me as follows:
Yes, all is well. Pick an excuse - they're all true to some extent:

- I've started a new job, which I enjoy much more than the old one.

- I've probably already blogged about most of the things I have to talk about.

- What's the point of it anyway?

- I've taken up hobbies that have replaced blogging.

- I lost some interest once my wife found out...

The truth is I'm hardly even reading the blogs these days.

Chag sameach,

"Rapidly approaching" Zman Biur!
Read the whole thing.

Whoa!
"- I lost some interest once my wife found out..."

Is it really possible to blog and your wife (or husband) wouldn't know about it?
Would you want to hide your hobby/avocation/obsession...
Did I say obsession?!

Come to think of it, if I could start over again, I suppose maybe I wouldn't let my wife know I blog. I still remember the first time my wife turned to a group of friends and told them, "my husband blogs" and they did not know what she was talking about or how to respond.

Technorati Tag: .

No comments: