The rocket attacks continued on the day the bodies of the boys were found.
The rocket attacks preceded the tragic murder of Mohammed Abu Khdeir as well.
The point is that the ongoing and escalating rocket attack on Israeli civilians is a deliberate effort by Hamas to heat up the situation in both the West Bank and Gaza Strip and has nothing to do with Mohammed Abu Khdeir.
And it is those attacks that are at the heart of Operation Protective Edge.
Here is the timeline:
· June 11: One rocket fired at southern Israel.
· June 12: Three Israeli teenagers, Naftali Fraenkel, and Eyal Yifrach kidnapped in the West Bank.
· June 15: Four rockets fired at Israel from Gaza; two of which were intercepted by Iron Dome, meaning they were intended for civilian targets.
· June 18: Five rockets fired from Gaza; two hit the Sha’ar Hanagev Regional Council and one house was damaged by the explosions.
· June 21: Three rockets fired at Israel; one hit the Sha’ar Hanagev Regional Council, one hit Hof Ashkelon Regional Council.
· June 27: Gaza terrorists fired six rockets at Israel; Iron Dome intercepted two rockets.
· June 29: Four rockets fired from Gaza into the South of Israel; 2 intercepted by the Iron Dome.
· July 30: Bodies of the three kidnapped teenagers found in the West Bank.
· June 30: 16 rockets launched from Gaza in the early morning, some went down in Sedot Negev Regional Council community.
· July 1: One rocket fired from Gaza into the Eshkol Regional Council late at night. Four more rockets fired, one fell in Sdot Negev, one caused damage to several vehicles in the Eshkol Regional Council, a third explodedin Hof Ashkelon Regional Council area. In the evening, a barrage of rocket fire was fired from Gaza towards the Eshkol Regional Council.
· July 2: Two mortar rounds exploded in Eshkol Regional Council, followed by three more mortal shells fired from Gaza in the afternoon. Four mortar rounds were subsequently fired towards towns in the Eshkol Regional Council. One more rocket headed towards Ashkelon was shot down by Iron Dome. Shortly after, two more rockets exploded in open areas in the Eshkol Regional Council. Five rockets were launched from Gaza towards the Sdot Negev Regional Council and three were launched towards Ofakim, one was intercepted, the others fell in open areas. Later, one more rocket was firedon the Eshkol Regional Council.
· July 2: Mohammed Abu Khdeir kidnapped and murdered in East Jerusalem. July 6: More than 25 rockets were fired from Gaza into southern Israel.
Hat tip: The Israel Project
If you found this post interesting or informative, please it below. Thanks!