Monday, June 11, 2007

BLOGGERS SHOULD NOT GIVE UP THEIR DAY JOB. The International Herald Tribune asks: Can blogs become a big source of jobs? Personally, my question is: does it pay well. And the answer:
According to information provided by Indeed, the average salary for jobs with some version of "blog" in the job title averages $53,000. But for writers trying to eke out an existence as a blogger for a business, pay is typically much more modest.
I have no more chance of becoming a professional blogger as I do of becoming a poet:
I think that I shall never be
A full-time blogger who charges a fee.
And that's the reason I am what I am

[Hat tip: Hot Air]

Blogging at night till 2am.
Technorati Tag: .

1 comment:

AS said...

blogging for money is not something I'd try. You see mine doesn't have enough traffic but that's only part of the reason why... There is no way I'd stay up all hours of the night...sitting there wondering what in the hack I'm going to write....unless I win the lottery or something like that...blogging for money will never be my hat.