Thursday, January 29, 2009

Michael Yon: "Israeli Response Was Disproportionate"

It was jarring for a moment to see that Michael Yon was in Israel--for the Jerusalem Conference. This caught my attention:
I was also invited to a reception at the residence of the Israeli Ambassador to the United States. I wanted to tell the Ambassador that I hope the Israeli Defence Forces ripped Hamas out by the roots. Apparently they did not, but the thousands of rocket strikes against Israel warranted a serious response. Some people say that the Israeli response was disproportionate. I agree. A more proportionate response would have seen Israel launching thousands of rockets into Gaza. I read one report that the peak times for Hamas to launch on Israel is when the kids are going to school, or coming home from school. Yet while many international players reflexively point their fingers at Jews and Israelis, clearly the Israelis want peace. The Jews would rather be in school than in a tank.
What will it take to make people see that?

Technorati Tag: and .

No comments: