* Defeating Al Gore in 2000 and John Kerry in 2004.
* Keeping America safe in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, when virtually no one thought such a thing was possible. In achieving this, President Bush fulfilled the first duty of his office.
* Correcting earlier (and significant) mistakes in Iraq and supporting the surge when almost everyone — the American people, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the commanding general in Iraq, all Democrats, and many Republicans — opposed his efforts. This was a textbook example of leadership and wise decision-making in the most difficult circumstances imaginable.
* Leading efforts that led to a humiliating defeat for al-Qaeda in Iraq and, more broadly, to militant Islam being on the defensive throughout much of the world, including the Arab world.
* Liberating more than 50 million people from two of the most malevolent regimes in modern history.
* Standing with Israel against its enemies and having the wisdom to declare he would not deal with Yasir Arafat.
* Adding two outstanding Justices to the Supreme Court and appointing first-rate federal judges.
* Championing a culture of life and the global AIDS initiative.
* Cutting taxes several times and never, not even once, raising them.
* Putting in place the most far-reaching reforms in education in generations, which insisted on accountabilty, high standards, and produced positive results.
* Restoring dignity to the Oval Office, acting with civility and grace, loving his country, and serving her well.
Technorati Tag: George Bush.