There is only question: Is it enough?
It's something to think about while the pundits thrash out what lies behind the ceasefire agreement and what kind of power struggles are going on behind the scenes: both between Obama and Bibi on the one hand, as well as between Hamas and it's terrorism sponsors in Iran and its supposed patron in Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood.
Israel Matzav refers to a hebrew article claiming that Obama was willing to back Israel going in and cleaning Hamas out (see the followup post here) -- but only if after Israel did the dirty work it would hand over control of Gaza to Abbas to create a Palestinian state.
Meanwhile there are pundits writing that Egypt was not happy with the idea of Hamas stirring up trouble before the Muslim Brotherhood was finished putting its house in order and strengthening its hold on power -- and Iran is upset with Hamas for jumping the gun and wasting all those rockets.
In any case, here are the numbers on Operation Pillar of Defense according to the IDF:
Over the course of Operation Pillar of Defense, the IDF targeted over 1,500 terror sites including 19 senior command centers, operational control centers and Hamas' senior-rank headquarters, 30 senior operatives, damaging Hamas' command and control, hundreds of underground rocket launchers, 140 smuggling tunnels, 66 terror tunnels, dozens of Hamas operation rooms and bases, 26 weapon manufacturing and storage facilities and dozens of long-range rocket launchers and launch sites.
Senior Operatives Targeted:
- Ahmed Jabari, head of Hamas' military wing - targeted on November 14
- Hab's Hassan Us Msamch, senior operative in Hamas' police - targeted on November 15
- Ahmed Abu Jalal, Commander of the military wing in Al-Muazi - targeted on November 16
- Khaled Shayer, senior operative in the anti-tank operations - targeted on November 16
- Osama Kadi, senior operative in the smuggling operations in the southern Gaza Strip - targeted on November 17
- Muhammad Kalb, senior operative in the aerial defense operations - targated on November 17
- Ramz Harb, Islamic Jihad senior operative in propaganda in Gaza city - targeted on November 19
Number of Rocket Launches Toward Israel During the Operation:
- November 14: 75 rockets
- November 15: 316 rockets
- November 16: 228 rockets
- November 17: 237 rockets
- November 18: 156 rockets
- November 19: 143 rockets
- November 20: 221 rockets
- November 21 (Until 21:00): 130 rockets
Rocket Launched Towards Israel:
- Total number of rockets launched from the Gaza Strip: 1,506 rockets
- Number of rockets hit open areas: 875 rockets
- Number of rockets hit urban areas: 58 rockets
- "Iron Dome" interceptions: 421 rockets
- Failed launching attempts: 152 rockets
- Fatalities: 5
- Injuries: 240
If you found this post interesting or informative, please it below. Thanks!