Sunday, February 24, 2013

Video: Shlock Rock Purim 1991

Here are 2 songs from a Shlock Rock concert in 1991:

  • I Can't Get No Hamentashen
  • Achashveros

Enjoy:




Lyrics to "I Can't Get No Hamentashen":

I can't get no Humentashen
They've run out they're sold out
There's not one, in the town
I can't get no, I can't get no.

I was driving in my car, when I, saw my mom go into the store.
she wanted to buy some more, for this Purim celebration.
But she was filled with much frustration.
I cant get no, no no no, Hey hey hey, that's what I say.

I can't get no Humentashen
The've run out They're sold out
There's not one in the town
I can't get no, I can't get no.

I was watching my TV when my sister came and told me
None left in the Bakery, no Blueberry, Apricot or Cheese Cake Fudge.
Not one Humentash for me.
I cant get no ,no no no, hey hey hey, That's what I say.

I can't get no Humentashen
I cant get no nosh reaction.
They've run out
They're sold out
There's not one in the town
I can't get no, I can't get no.

Well I've traveled round the world and I've been to Glicks and
Gottleibs too. And I'm trying to face the facts, that I wont get
a humentash till maybe next year, you see I think that Matzohs here.
I can't get no, no no no, Hey hey hey, thats what I say.

I cant get no, I cant get No I cant get no
No Humentashen, No Humentashen, No Humentashen, No Humentashen.


Lyrics to "Achashverosh"


Chorus:
Achashverosh
Let's go save the Jews oh Esther
Let's go save the Jews oh Mordechai
Let's go save the Jews Achashverosh, Achashverosh

Dateline Persia Haman plots to kill the Jews.
He makes the thirteenth of Adar the day when all the Jews will die.
Esther and Mordechai decide the Jews must fast for three days.
Esther goes to see King Achashverosh without an appointment.
Esther invites King Achasverosh to a party with Haman attending.
Meanwhhile Haman makes a fifty foot tree intended for Mordechai.
At the first party Esther invites Achashverosh and Haman to a second party.
This time Esther tells Achashverosh of a plot to kill her people.
Achashverosh asks who is this wicked person who wants to kill the Jews.
Esther answers it is Haman and he is standing right there.
Later Haman is hung on the same tree meant for Mordechai.
And in 1987 Shlock Rock sings all about Purim in a song called

-----
If you found this post interesting or informative, please it below. Thanks!


Technorati Tag: .

No comments: