Tuesday, March 13, 2007

7 YEARS IS A LONG TIME TO A 7-YEAR-OLD. They are redoing the old public school around the corner from us. How old is the school? The school was built with separate entrances for the boys and girls--with the words BOYS and GIRLS engraved into the stone above each door, on opposite sides of the school.


While I was driving past the school with the daughter, she asked why the school had a fence around it. I explained that the school was old and had to be fixed up.

Daughter: Is the school older than me?
Me: Yes.
Daughter: You mean it's older than when we were in Texas (where she was born)?
Me: Yes.
Daughter: You mean it's older than when I was in my mommy's stomach?
Me: Yes.
Daughter: Wow, that is old.

I was surprised.
Once, when my daughter asked me how old I was I told her I was 81 years old (family tradition).
That she seemed to take in stride.
Hmmmmm...

No comments: