Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hamas Borrows A Page From Hezbollah: We Didn't Expect Israel To Hit Back!

Had we known that the kidnapping of the soldiers would have led to this, we would definitely not have done it.
Hezbollah terrorist leader Hassan Nasrallah, on Israel retaliating in response to Hezbollah kidnapping of Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev, August 27, 2006

Hamas now admits that it is directly responsible for yesterday's on civilian targets in Israel:
Yesterday's mortar barrage on the western Negev is the most extensive operation by Hamas since Operation Cast Lead ended in January 2009. The group has been involved in a few incidents with the Israel Defense Forces since then, but usually on a smaller scale, and it has rarely claimed responsibility.


Yesterday, Hamas publicly announced that its people were behind the latest incident. They said the reason was the Israel Air Force's attack Wednesday on the Hamas training camp in the ruins of the settlement of Netzarim in which two people were killed. That attack had been precipitated by a Qassam strike a few hours earlier near Sderot.
But according to the twisted logic of Hamas, it's all Israel's fault--apparently Hamas is now as bewildered as Hezbollah: who would have thought that Israel would actually react to having rockets fired at civilians?
Hamas said...that Israel had exceeded the unwritten rules of the game. The Qassam had been fired by a marginal Palestinian group, and the accepted response would have been a bombing of empty Hamas offices or an escape tunnel without casualties.
It seems that any lesson that might have been learned from Operation Cast Lead has been lost on the terrorist group.

Or perhaps they have learned only too well how easily the West will accept their convoluted reasoning--as if it was an oddity when the victim hits back.

Technorati Tag: and .
Post a Comment