Monday, December 25, 2006

My Daughter Is Becoming A...Girl

I have slowly come to realize that my 7 year old daughter is no longer just a child, but has become a girl...

Friday night, while I was in the other room, I could hear my daughter rummaging in the kitchen. When I came in to take a look, she was proudly making a pitcher of koolaid for the Shabbos meal:
  • One 2 quart pitcher
  • 4 packets of koolaid
  • 4 large scoops of Splenda
Considering that all you need is one packet of koolaid and 2 scoops of Splenda, the drink was a bit strong. Maybe some flavors aren't so bad when they're a bit strong--but this was Watermelon-Kiwi. I was a bit more successful than my wife in keeping a straight face after drinking the koolaid.

Later, still in a helpful mood, she helped set the table too--and I noticed that she was humming a niggun to herself while she was doing it. It took a moment (and a few bars) for me to realize that she was actually humming the tune to Carmen, which she picked up from a Disney movie (The Three Mouseketeers).

The following day, Sunday night, I noticed my daughter writing what looked like a note. When I asked her what she was writing, she showed it to me:


She was gracious enough to assure me that I would still be allowed into her room.
In return, I graciously pointed out to her that since Imma and Abba were still working on fixing up her room, the door has been removed from her room for the past 6 months.

Finally, this morning while driving her to school today, my daughter assured me that it was going to snow tomorrow. When I asked how she knew, she gave me a knowing look and told me that she and a friend had heard it on the news. I explained to her that the weatherman can sometimes make mistakes.

Her response: But Abba, it was a woman!

And my daughter is such a girl.
Baruch HaShem.

3 comments:

Soccer Dad said...

I now have daughters at 3 different stages: One is becoming an adult (I take her driving). One is 5 and becoming a girl. And the other is changing from the newborn state to the infant stage.
(Wait till your daughter learns to make deserts!)
It's something I've wanted to blog about. Thanks for giving me an excuse.

Ezzie said...

LOL

Mottel said...

Very cute.