Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT; 2 KATYUSHAS IN EVERY GARAGE: On the one hand, Debka decries how Hamas is using all the money it receives in preparations for war instead of feeding hungry Palestinians. But based on the Debka article, maybe Hamas is just taking a page out of the Tennessee Valley Authority of Depression Era US:
Hundreds of laborers employed by Hamas have hauled 30,000 blocks and chunks of concrete from the rubble of Ganei Tal for lining the walls of their bunkers. The Hamas fortress has installed the water pipe system of Netzarim and Netzer Sereni.
This seems oddly appropriate: Brother Can You Spare A Dime:
They used to tell me I was building a dream, and so I followed the mob,
When there was earth to plow, or guns to bear, I was always there right on the job.
They used to tell me I was building a dream, with peace and glory ahead,
Why should I be standing in line, just waiting for bread?
Technorati Tag: and .

No comments: