Monday, March 05, 2007

Driving Miss Daled Amos

What did you do on Purim?

Me, I drove my daughter around town.

I drove her to the Chagiga Motzei Shabbos.
I drove her home from the Chagiga.
I drove her over to buy food for Mishloach Manos and back.
I drove her to deliver Mishloach Manos.

Just one catch.
I had to drive the car at 10 miles per hour.

Something my 7 year old ate on Shabbos disagreed with her so much that on Motzei Shabbos she threw up: and everywhere I had to drive her--and she insisted that I drive her--she also insisted that I drive slowly, otherwise she thought she would throw up again. She didn't have to tell me twice--though she did. Every time we got into the car.

Fortunately, where we live there are a lot of side roads and driving in the 2-10 mile range was for the most part not a problem.

I was sure that I was going to get stopped by a policeman, thinking I seemed suspicious driving up and down streets at a crawl.
"Sorry officer. You see: today is Purim, I'm delivering Mishloach Manos, and my daughter is nauseous and may throw up any minute. Go ahead sweetie--tell the nice policeman"
Anyway, we survived the day without incident, and it was a Chag Sameach.
As I hope it was by you.

Technorati Tag:

1 comment:

Jack Steiner said...

Purim sameach.