Saturday, December 01, 2007

You're Hot!

No, not you.
My daughter.
My 8 year old daughter.

At least that is what she was told at the birthday party she went to.
By a girl.
An 8 year old girl.

At first I was confused--like when my daughter was playing a card game with some friends and one of the girls said "you're bleeding." Apparently this is supposed to mean that other people can see the cards you are holding.

Now I'm past confused. Now I'm concerned. My daughter also implied that more than one girl was talking like that.

The girl who made this comment to my daughter goes to a school I am considering switching my daughter to. The only reason I didn't do it this year is that I was concerned about the Hashkafa of the school. Now I don't know what to think.

The girl whose birthday it was has switched from the school my daughter is going to now to the one which I am considering sending her to--and invited all of her classmates from both schools. When I picked up my daughter from the party, the first thing she started talking about was how friendly the girls were from the other school and how nice they were to her.

I was thrilled to hear that.
But now, I have to figure out how much weight to give a single comment.

There is supposed to be an old Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times"
It may just as well be: "May you be a parent."

Technorati Tag: .

No comments: