Friday, July 08, 2011

Did You Know Your Car Has A Prindel?

The other day my 11-year old sat in the front passenger seat of the car--something that she has only done a handful of times.

She looked around and asked where was the "stick" for the car that comes out of the floor.
I explained to here the difference between a stick shift and an automatic that is located at the steering wheel.

And then she asked the question: what's a prindel?


A prindel?
No such thing I said.

Sure there is, she replied and pointed at the dashboard. And she was right.

On the dashboard, written as clear as day was
P R N D 3 L

Interesting.

Actually, I'm not much better.

The other day I was driving to work in Newark, NJ--and then I saw an unusual sign:

Adopt-A-Moslem

There it was, clear as day.
But as I got closer, I saw that it actually said
Adopt-A-Media

The median that separates the traffic is sort of wide and has flowers planted in it. The city is looking for people to donate toward maintaining the flowers.

And that is the reason I did not tease my daughter about the prindel.
And I now realize that I really do need new glasses.


No comments: