Sunday, May 06, 2007

RABBI AVRAHAM TWERSKI AND DAAS TORAH: Voice From The Wilderness analyzes Rabbi Twerski's explanation of Daas Torah towards resolution of a question:
my bewilderment stems from the fact that Rabbi Dr. Twerski is quite a prolific author of Torah thought. Besides the "Jewish self-help" genre that he has generated single-handedly, he has written extensive commentaries on Torah-only texts like the Siddur and Pirkei Avos, and has entire books that give a detailed outline to what he apparently considers pure Torah hashkafa.

(To make things a little personal, "Let Us Make Man" and "I am I" were life-changing books for me as a teen-ager, and I have built large chunks of my Torah hashkafa upon those books.
Now he's telling me that those books cannot contain dass Torah??)

Technorati Tag: and .

No comments: