Sunday, October 21, 2007

Harry Potter and The Sopranos: Tying Up Loose Ends

My wife is the Harry Potter fan in the house, but still--this caught my eye. At Carnegie Hall Rowling sat on stage, read from her final book and answered questions. When asked if Albus Dumbledore had ever loved anyone:
Rowling smiled. "Dumbledore is gay, actually," replied Rowling as the audience erupted in surprise. She added that, in her mind, Dumbledore had an unrequited love affair with Gellert Grindelwald, Voldemort's predecessor who appears in the seventh book. After several minutes of prolonged shouting and clapping from astonished fans, Rowling added. "I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy."
Authors say the darnedest things. I suppose now everything makes sense.

But Rowling isn't the only one tying up loose ends. Apparently, after leaving the meaning of ending to The Sopranos to his fans to figure out--now David Chase is coming out with a book to tell us how it really went down.

I didn't follow the Sopranos at all while it was on the air, and I really have no interest in how Chase ends up putting it all together--but you don't think Tony Soprano was really gay, do you?

Technorati Tag: and .

No comments: